現在の読者数 0人


Woman before removing

A woman removed the batteries from a smoke alarm in her home just hours before a fire broke out, claiming her life, a coroner has found Asian college of knowledge management.

Roselle Ramirez, 25, was unable to escape the fire that engulfed her Paraparaumu home in April 2011.

Ms Ramirez's two young children, who were at the time aged seven and five, along with her friend Leahmay Osik and her son and partner, survived the blaze.

In his findings, made public on Thursday, Coroner Ian Smith said the smoke alarm in Ms Ramirez's rented home was activated about 5.30pm on April 12, 2011.

Ms Ramirez checked for any sign of smoke, but none could be seen. The smoke alarm continued to beep, so she removed the batteries.

Some time around midnight, a fire broke out in the lounge, quickly engulfing the front of the house.

Most of the occupants were able to get out of the house, but Ms Ramirez and one of her children were found on a bedroom floor formation of company.

The child was able to be resuscitated and has made a full recovery, but Ms Ramirez's life could not be saved.

Mr Smith said the cause of the fire has not been able to be determined, but it was likely electrical.

He said Ms Ramirez's death was tragic and highlighted the importance of households having operational smoke alarms.

Recently released figures from the fire service show that more than a dozen people killed in avoidable house fires in the past year had no working smoke alarms in their homes.

In the past 12 months, 20 people died in avoidable blazes at home, with 80 per cent of them receiving no warning because smoke detectors were either not installed or not working.

Putin told campaign criticism
Rudy sand world champion
Wallabies coach Dean rejection
 Putin told campaign criticism (2013-08-24 11:09)
 Rudy sand world champion (2013-08-19 11:20)
 Wallabies coach Dean rejection (2013-07-22 16:23)
 剪片白月光,寫滿春夜的愛語呢喃 (2013-03-19 12:58)
 只為佑你平安喜樂 (2013-01-04 14:23)

Posted by josephinew at 12:11│Comments(0)記事